FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $50 $9.95 shipping on all other orders (within Canada & US)
Kids’ Halloween Photo Contest Rules
1. Agreement: These rules govern the “Halloween Photo Contest” (the “Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest judges, which decision shall be final and binding on all entrants. Flapjackkids Inc. is the Contest Sponsor (“Flapjackkids”).
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all residents of the US and Canada (excluding Quebec), ages 6 months to 7 years old before 11:59 a.m. EST on November 6, 2020, except or employees, their immediate families and anyone living with any employee of Flapjackkids. Contestants can enter as many times as they wish with the approval of their parent or legal guardian. Incomplete or illegible entries, mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
3. Contest and Judging Criteria: Enter the Contest by submitting a photo showcasing your Halloween costume with a FlapJackKids winter/fall hat or other Flapjackkids accessory. An entrant must have the consent of his/her parent or legal guardian to submit his/her personal information in order to enter the Contest. The parent or legal guardian must complete all the required fields of the relevant portion of the entry form, including his/her name and age. If a parent or legal guardian does not provide consent and agree to these rules, the entry will be disqualified. The completed entry must be submitted through Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #flapjackkidshalloween, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line FlapJackKids Halloween Contest. All entries must be submitted before November 6, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. EST. The Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. EDT on Oct. 26, 2020 and ends at November 6, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. EST. The entries will be judged by FlapJackKids representatives, who will vote for their favourite entry. One (1) winner will be selected by the entry with the most votes. Entries will be judged based upon general creativity, colour and number of Flapjackkids accessories used . The decisions of the contest judges are final in respect of any matter relating to this Contest. The winners will be chosen on November 9, 2020 at 12 p.m. EST. The parent and/or legal guardian of the winners will be contacted by email Instagram or Facebook (dependent on how the entry was received), and must reply within 48 hours to maintain eligibility. If the potential a winner’s parent and/or legal guardian cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and FlapJackKids reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select another eligible entry based on the judging criteria, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry.
By entering this Contest you acknowledge that all entries become the property of FlapJackKids and will not be returned or acknowledged. To be eligible, an entry must be the entrant’s original photo, may not have been entered in any other contest, won any other prize or have been previously published in any other medium. In connection with your submission, you affirm, represent and/or warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses,
rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize FlapJackKids to use all copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights in and to your submission to enable inclusion and use of the submission in the manner contemplated by these Contest rules. FlapJackKids reserves the right to reject and disqualify any submissions that could be offensive or inappropriate or that do not meet the terms and conditions of these rules.
4. Prize: $50 gift voucher from FlapJackKids. If a winner does not claim the prize within five (5) days of notification, the next eligible entry selected by the judging criteria set out in these rules will be contacted, and the first potential winner will have no further claim to the prize. If a winner is unable or unwilling to accept or otherwise redeem a prize on the terms it is awarded, the prize shall be forfeited and no cash or substitutes will be provided in whole or in part.
5. Release, Copyright Assignment, Waiver of Moral Rights and Indemnity: As a condition of being declared a winner and prior to being awarded the prize, the parent and/or legal guardian of a potential winner will be (i) releasing FlapJackKids and its related parties from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize (ii) confirming compliance with the rules (iii) consenting to the use of the winner’s name and photograph, in any and all forms of media, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the FlapJackKids and/or its advertising and promotional agencies and (iv) assigning all intellectual property rights, including copyright, in the Contest submission to the FlapJackKids and waiving his/her moral rights in the Contest submission. By allowing your child to participate in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Flapjackkids and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and media buyers and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising from your child’s participation in the Contest, your child’s violation of any term of these Contest rules, your child’s violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property or privacy right; or any claim that your child’s submission caused damage to a third party.
6. Privacy: We use entrants’ personal contact information to administer this Contest, including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners, and may transfer your personal information to third party service providers (including but not limited to prize suppliers) in order to perform services such as prize fulfillment and delivery.
7. Banning: FlapJackKids may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering any Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes but is not limited to entering false information and entering more than once.
8. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the caliber of the entries at each entry location. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. FlapJackKids reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. FlapJackKids reserves the right to substitute any prize or portion of the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. FlapJackKids is not liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical failures on the part of Contest software, virus, website down-time, human error or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. FlapJackKids is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance.